An exciting opportunity to be the brand and consumer voice of this leading FMCG business. The overall purpose of this role is to develop robust consumer understanding to support the UK Marketing Director in setting the objectives and strategy that will drive long term sustsinable profitability and brand health whilst delighting my client’s customers.
Key responsibilities: (further details available in a comprehensive job description)
- Lead the UK marketing strategy and planning process for my client’s brand with 1 & 3 year focus
- Manage the UK brand strategy implementation including range optimisation to deliver budget target – share growth & £GP.
- Lead the marketing implementation and consumer PR
- Lead the UK integrated marketing communication plan inc. NPD
- Lead the launch of NPD into new categories within the UK market
- Brand performance, financial management tracking and brand passion
- Graduate required (minimum 2:1 degree)
- Further marketing qualification desirable (CIM)
- Substantial and proven experience in brand/product marketing within a commercially-orientated FMCG company (must be used to working in a fast paced environment).
- Track record of proven results in ATL, TTL & BTL creative development plus product portfolio management and promotional & pricing strategy, multi -media campaigns using heavy-weight spend
- Familiarity and capability of running successful NPD projects to launch
- Strong commercial credentials preferably from a period working within a highly commercial marketing structure.
- Experienced in writing clear and structured annual brand plans and activity briefs, and effectively allocating resources/time.
- Demonstrable experience of championing complex projects within a matrix environment.
- Experience of Healthcare Professional Sales and/or Marketing an advantage. (e.g. to GP’s, nurses etc) Intermediate Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint & ability to use Nielsen/IRI
- Self-starter with loads of initiative and follow through – must be comfortable with leading new ideas & implementing new processes in order to drive the business forward
- Genuine experience of leading heavy weight campaigns (including TV) with big creative & media agencies
- Strong communication skills with an authoritative and credible presentation style
- Natural team player with strong personal integrity
- Good creative and problem solving ability and a ‘can do’ mentality
- Solid planning & control skills i.e. effectively manages budgets and forecasts, focuses on ROI & manages projects to time.
- Highly numerate with the ability to understand and interpret P&L’s and financial management reports.
- Ambitious with a real desire to make a difference.
In return, my client offers the opportunity to be part of an excellent brand and to take it to the next level, working with some exceptional customers and leading advertising/media agencies. You will be responsible for a significant marketing budget and be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.