An innovative, global software company delivering virtual solutions to international clients is looking for an exceptional Linux Systems administrator to join their ever growing and dynamic team.
With previous experience supporting enterprise environments and in maintaining and operating multiple Linux and Windows environments, you will be responsible for keeping all systems updated, secure and functioning smoothly. The ideal candidate will be flexible, hard-working and have excellent problem solving skills and be an articulate communicator who can work well under pressure.
- To diagnose and resolve complicated IT problems across a wide spectrum of technologies
- To join the on-call rotation and help support clients at all times
- Some travel to clients premises for installations and deployments
- A strong knowledge and understanding of day-to-day operations from a network and server perspective required to keep the network functioning optimally.
- 3+ years proven experience supporting enterprise environments
- Linux administration and configuration (RedHat or Equivalent)
- Network Device administration and configuration
- Network security
- MySQL Database Administration (desirable not essential)
- Linux programming and shell scripting
- Flexibility to participate in the IT on-call schedule
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Hardware troubleshooting experience (desirable not essential)
In return my client offers a progressive career within an exceptional work environment. The salary is commensurate with responsibility and based upon experience. Other benefits include generous holiday allowance, pension, health and life insurance.