My client is looking for an experienced HR Advisor to join their team working with, and providing support to the HR Manager on a part-time, contract basis (12 months).
You will provide an advisory service to managers and employees ensuring they are fully aware of their rights, responsibilities and entitlements, in line with Company policies, procedures and employment legislation. You will also assist with interpreting and researching employment law and HR best practise to ensure policies, procedures and related documentation is accurate and up-to-date, recommending changes and new policies and procedures as appropriate.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a generalist HR Advisor role, ideally with an emphasis on advising on business changes and consultation Evidence of a good understanding of Employment Law, internal HR policies and procedures and best practice.
- Excellent organisation, time management, prioritisation and administration skills, gained within a HR environment Experience of communicating confidently and discretely with staff at all levels
- Excellent numerical, written and verbal communication skills
- Computer and IT literate: a good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, T&A, payroll and HR databases
- Practical, hands-on approach: promoting a ‘can do attitude’
- Discrete and diplomatic and approachable disposition
- Understanding of the importance of HR best practice and compliance throughout the Company Evidence of the ability to present advice in an independent, credible and effective manner
- Self-motivated team player with ability to manage self and work alone when necessary
- Educated to GCSE, or equivalent, standard in Mathematics and English
- Hold a recognised HR qualification
- Current driving licence